Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy New Year (right?)

It's only January 13th, so I think it's still appropriate to say Happy New Year....especially when I haven't blogged since....yeah.

There's lots of stuff coming up for me running wise this year, and I'm really excited to share it with you. Though, most of you know already, I got into the 2014 NYC Half Marathon! I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but this was my first time entering the lottery for this race (the last time I ran it was in 2010, when it was in August and not even a lottery) The timing of the race is perfect, and the fact that I don't have to pay for travel/hotel is nice too. So, I got extremely lucky, and I'm really excited to train for this race and feel like I'm back in shape again. I have an A goal in sight, and after a year of flop races, I am really looking forward to celebrating some new PRs.

Speaking of travel and hotel however, I did sign up to run the Atlantic City Fool's Half Marathon which is the first Sunday in April. I signed up for this race a few weeks back, before I even found out about the NYC lottery. Unfortunately in my excitement to sign up, I totally forgot that this race was on the same day as the Cherry Tree 10 miler in DC, which I really wanted to enter as an excuse to see my favorite cat Livia, and her human Tracy.

There's also some new stuff coming to the blog in the next few days. Hint....it has to do with the fact I changed the header of the website!

0 comments:

Post a Comment