Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Counting down, who's counting?

I am trying my very best to not count down to the New York City Marathon, but I just can't help it. I know exactly how many days are left. It was pretty obvious when it was only a month away, and each Sunday during my long runs I couldn't help but think about how much closer the race is.

I know we're still too far away to start obsessing over what the 10 day forecast says. I know we're close enough that this weekend is my last 21 mile run. And then I know I have two weeks to taper. I know I am feeling so much more confident in my training and my ability to run 26.2 miles than I was last year. I also know the marathon is unpredictable, and I'm trying to prepare myself for the unexpected.

I am also reminding myself to have fun and enjoy it! I know I have plans for an awesome brunch with friends/supporters/teammates on Saturday, and an even sweeter post race beer/pizza-a-thon with the one and only Philadelphia BAMF.

I know the next [censored] days will go by so quickly, and once they're over it'll be bittersweet. I'm going to try my best and just enjoy each day for what it is, because really, who's counting?

0 comments:

Post a Comment