Monday, October 8, 2012

What are you nervous about?

This is the last week of full on training, and I am officially nervous, though I don't even know why. Last weeks long run was a painful slugfest, but I still ran 35 miles in all.

I know I will finish the marathon, and I'm pretty confident that I will PR, even if I have a bad race. So why am I so nervous? I feel bad for my coach, the next two weeks are going to consist of a barrage of messages on G-Chat. Already our conversations are starting to look a bit like this:


 me:  I'd say 9:20-9:30 is a realistic gmp.
 Speedy:  9 hours is a plenty of a buffer
 me:  ha, good one
 Speedy:  ultra marathoning i see


Oi. I'm sure many of you are starting to experience the same thing. And I'm not even freaking out over the 10 day forecast yet!

Oi indeed.

1 comment: