Monday, January 20, 2014

A New Week

I'm really glad that Monday is the start of my training week. I'm in week 3 of my half marathon training, and I'm not sure what to expect. The first week was pretty good, but by Saturday night, I was feeling sick and run down. I spent all of week 2 being various degrees of sick (fever, sore throat, full blown laryngitis) but after three solid night sleeps, I am finally feeling back to "normal".

Even though last week was a complete disaster, I am trying to be positive about this week. It's only week three, and it is a brand new week. Yes, every run last week sucked, but it's got to get better. Despite the fact we are supposed to be getting another "Arctic Blast" I know I can workout at the gym. For most people that probably sounds like a punishment, but when the temperature is below 20 degrees, I'll take the treadmill. It also means I have no excuse to not do my leg/core exercises. And I also find doing speed work on the treadmill easier (relatively), because I have no other choice but to hit those splits. Otherwise I'll end up on my face. (Or ass. I've never fallen off a treadmill, so I'm not sure which end you end up on--but I never want to find out!)

So there are two positive things about my workouts for this week. What are you looking forward to this week, even if you're battling the elements (or yourself!)?

1 comment: