Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 9: Thank god, a new week!

For once I am glad that Monday starts a fresh week a training, a clean slate, and a chance to Zap the Zero. It's not that last weeks training was bad...it was just that the weather was terrible, and I was starting to feel burned out, and I really didn't need a lot of excuses to delay runs. I was supposed to have run 33 miles, and only ended up with 24. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, because I still had a pretty great 16 mile run, and in the end, that's really what's most important.

The weather is only going to be slightly better this week, but I'm hoping that I'll be a bit more motivated to get out there. We're post the halfway point!! Only 7 weeks left, then only 6, 5.... This week is also my second (of three) 20 mile runs, which for some reason I'm excited about. The last one was pretty tough, and I'm really hoping to feel pretty strong for this one. I'm going to be running the Staten Island half that day, so  it's just a matter of figuring out where/when/how to incorporate 7 more miles into my day.

Here's to 37 miles this week, with mile repeats! Oh my!

1 comment:

  1. I think your training is right on track. Good luck tacking on the extra miles Sunday.

    ReplyDelete