Thursday, October 6, 2011

Marathon Nightmare

I am running on the upper level of the Verrazano Bridge. I look to my left and see the most beautiful sunrise. I can't believe I'm doing this! The NYC Marathon! I can feel myself get all choked up.

But wait, before I know it I am running on some sort of steep trail. There are no other runners around me. Where am I? Am I lost??? Somehow I pull up some sort of map and I see I am WAY off course. I remember looking at my Garmin and it said 3:24:xx. Looking at where I was, I saw that I could take a short cut/cut across and head to the finish line. But I wouldn't have run 26.2 miles, and my time would be around  3 1/2 hours. What should I do?? Would I tell people I didn't run the full distance? Gah! How did this even happen???

The NYC Marathon is exactly one month away, and I think it's hilariously appropriate that I had this dream last night. Though I know today is a semi-significant day, I'm not really freaking out about it. In a way, I am looking forward to the race, and the much needed break that will happen afterwards. I also know I'll have plenty of time to freak out during my two week taper, so why start early? I guess my subconscious was just doing it's thing, and hopefully this is the worst of the "nightmares" I'll have!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment