Friday, April 27, 2012

Saturday's Mantra: I don't care

Tomorrow I will be running the NYCRUNS Verrazano Half Marathon. I believe this will be number 15 for me! I'm pretty excited, it's the inaugural race, and a scenic route that I don't do often. It also be a shot to shave 8 seconds off my time...and you know, run a sub-2 already. The past week has been a bit tough, between work and being lazy, running has been put on the back burner, while eating lots of sweets and fried foods has taken over.


I had two decent runs this week, and most importantly, they've given me a bit of confidence back. I also know enough to know that 5 days of slacking off does not negate months of hard training. I know from my race on April 1st, it'll be tough regardless, but I can do it. To help me out, I've come up with a great mantra:

I don't care.

Confused? Let me demonstrate:



MY LEGS HURT.
I don't care.

I'M TIRED.
I don't care.

MY FEET ARE GOING TO EXPLODE.
I don't care.

I WANT TO DIE,
I don't care.

I'M GONNA PUKE.
I don't care.


I think you get the drift. My point is, no matter what little excuse I can make up Saturday, it doesn't matter. I need to keep running, strong, and pretend that I'm running like an Olympic athlete, and you know, just do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment