Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Slumping it

My blog has been in a slump lately, and I feel like it directly reflects my running. I was on a huge running high after the AC Half, so much so that I signed up for a 5k two weeks later hoping to place in my AG. Did I even write about the JFK 5k? It was the day before Boston, so I made the excuse that I'd wait to post it until a few days after....and then it never happen. (Spoiler alert: I placed 6th in my AG, if I ran 1 minute faster I would have placed 3rd)

Then two weeks later I ran the inaugural Verrazano Half marathon put on by NYCRUNS. While it was a good race, there was a terrible headwind that I was running into for about half the race. I finished in a respectable 2:01 (my second fastest half marathon time) but yet, I was still defeated.

I definitely feel like I've hit a plateau in all my speed workouts lately. I feel like my repeat times are the same, and I've hit a wall when it comes to trying to run 7:30's for my speed workout. I don't know if it's mental, physical, or some combination of the two. I definitely need to find a way to kick my butt in gear. What's your favorite way to motivate yourself when you feel like you've been stuck in a slump?

1 comment: