Monday, October 22, 2012

Taper Madness: In The Form Of Trying To Keep Calm and Carry On

Okay, so it's marathon week. I don't have much to say, but I need to write SOMETHING. I need to keep my brain occupied so I'm not freaking out for no reason. Or freaking out over every "weird" thing going on with my lower half. Or freaking out over a "30% chance rain." I started to pack my running essentials yesterday and I am not embarrassed to admit that I am bringing shorts, capris, a tank top, arm warmers and a hat. I am also not embarrassed to admit that I updated my iPod with lots of good running tunes, like NIN's "Wish" (okay, maybe I'm a little embarrassed about adding the Kanye West remix of Katy Perry's "E.T" on there)

I'm trying to stay positive and confident. I'm trying to remember all the kick ass long runs I had, and all the hard work I've put in. I'm trying to think of victories, medals, and puppies (and frozen custard, and Filomena's hand made pastas!)

I have a feeling this week will drag, and fly by, all at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment