Sunday, March 31, 2013

Redux

Snazzy poster created in the Phoster app

Once I realized I did indeed want to run a fall marathon this year, my options were very clear to me. I knew I wanted a "small" race, a "fast" race, and a race that was close to NY. Although Mohawk-Hudson is all of the above, I started to get a little worried when I watched the "run through" video on their website. Though it looked scenic, but I was worried about it being TOO small, and without any spectators. (Someone feel free to chime in and tell me I'm wrong)

This left only one option in my mind, Philadelphia. Bouncing so many things through my mind, this was the only option that I got really excited about. I know the race, and I know the city. I had a great time there a few years ago, and I've been meaning to go back and visit for a while. I'm hoping the familiarity of it all will make it relatively low-key if I'm traveling alone (aka, the opposite of traveling to DC, though I can't blame anything on that besides Hurricane Sandy)

So it's official, I'm registered and ready to go! Of course, I'm sure you all want to know what my predicted finish time is, but that's for another post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment